The Microsoft Excel SUMX2PY2 function calculates the sum of the squares of corresponding items in the arrays and returns the sum of the results. The SUMX2PY2 function is a built-in function in Excel that is categorized as a Math/Trig Function. It can be used as a worksheet function (WS) in Excel. As a worksheet function, the SUMX2PY2 function can be entered as part of a formula in a cell of a worksheet.
Syntax: SUMX2PY2( array_x, array_y )
The SUMX2PY2 function syntax has the following arguments:
- Array_x Required. The first array or range of values.
Array_y Required. The second array or range of values.
Example: Let’s look at some Excel SUMX2PY2 function examples and explore how to use the SUMX2PY2 function as a worksheet function in Microsoft Excel:
Syntax: =SUMX2PY2 (A2:A8,B2:B8)
Based on the Excel spreadsheet above, the following SUMX2PY2 examples would return:
- The arguments should be either numbers or names, arrays, or references that contain numbers.
- If an array or reference argument contains text, logical values, or empty cells, those values are ignored. However, cells with the value zero are included.
- If array_x and array_y have a different number of values, SUMX2PY2 returns the #N/A error value.
- The equation for the sum of the sum of squares is